Monday, February 11, 2008

rock band stuff

finally, we are platinum!

what a painful experience. it took 4.5 hours, which overall wasn't so bad, but when we were going through it, about halfway through i was really tempted to abort mission. i was just so sick of singing! before you begin, you think of nothing else you'd rather do than accomplish this damn mission, but then in the middle some strange funk hits you and you think you'd rather do anything but continue on.

around song 25:
me: "ok, we know we can do it. let's just watch spiderman 3."
vic: "what? we can watch spiderman 3 after we finish."
me: *sad face* "ok, fine."

around song 27:
me: "these songs suck. let's watch harry potter."
vic: "harry potter will be there after we finish. we've already come this far."
me: "what about the chimera virus? it's taking over england. we have to save london."
vic: "afterwards."

around song 29:
me: "rock band blows. this is stupid. shall we eat the fat-free cheesecake i made?"
vic: "ok, we can pause and take a break."
me: "what?? i don't want to take a break. i want to take a quit."

around song 35:
vic: "you doing ok? we're doing well."
me: "i'm dying."
vic: "sorry."

[note: although the above makes it seem like vic was ruthless in finishing, in fact he was very kind and kept bringing me water and drinks and asking if i wanted to take a break. by this point, i was singing all the songs lying on my back with my head propped up by pillows. vic was playing standing up. we were a very interesting looking band.]

around song 48:
me: "10 more songs! i can't believe only 10 more songs!"
vic: "we're making good progress. do you want to take another break?"
me: "no breaks, we gotta make it to the end."

around song 50:
vic: "are you tired, why don't you drink some water."
me: *with a slightly maniacal look* "i'm fine!!! we have to finish! oh my god the xbox better not break down. no red rings of death!"
vic: "let's just quit and watch a movie."
me: *evil look*

on song 56:
me: [after i flunk out for the first time during that stupid "i get by" song by honest bob and factory dealer incentives] "this song is so stupid."
me: [after i flunk out the second time during that same stupid song] "i hate this f-en song!"
me: [after i manage to slog through the rest of the song so we don't have to redo it] *dance a jig*
vic: "two more songs"

and then finally, after song 58:


i'm really glad to have done it, but never again! *cough* *no voice*

No comments: